Schönenbach with approximately 1,036 inhabitants is located 735 meters above sea level in the center of the Waldviertel, exactly in the headwaters of small Kamp and offers low traffic in a calm and wooded landscape the ideal getaway for "young and old".
Legendary shell stones, the natural monument Lohnbachfall, the Gothic pilgrimage church "Maria Rast", the former Hieronymitaner Monastery and many leisure and sports facilities provide for adventurers and romantics adventure and relaxation.
Center of the wheel-tourism and cross-country sport in the Waldviertel. Connected 700 km of mountain bike trails plus 500 km of roads make the heartbeat of all cyclists. In Winter Bärnkopf offers 75 km of cross country ski trails.
- Lake 5,50km
- 40 km trail system
- 400 km-developed mountain bike trails
- Horse Riding & Equestrian Trails
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Swimming in natural swimming ponds
- Fishing (sport fishing center Gutenbrunn)
- 90 m² sports climbing wall
- beach volleyball
- 70km groomed cross-country trails (+ Rent)
- 3.6km illuminated night trails
- Nature sledding
- ice skating
- Sleigh Rides
- Indoor swimming pool and sauna
- Ski lifts, cable cars 20km
Fishing, badminton, kite flying, adventure, bike rental, outdoor pool, jogging, bowling, climbing, cycling, horse riding, tobogganing, ice skating, swimming, cross-country skiing, tennis, trekking.