* Porto airport: 75km/1h 30m drive
* Train station in Mosteirô: 4km/5min drive
* Porto town centre: 70km, 1h 15m drive/1h 15m by train
* Coa rock carvings: 2h 30m drive/2h by train
* Towns of Amarante, Lamego, Vila Real: each 1h 15m drive
* Town of Regua – River cruises 1h 15m drive/1h by train
* Towns of Braga, Guimaraes - within 2 hours drive
* Golf course and water theme park in Amarante – 30km/45min drive
* Hospital, chemist - 15min drive
* Restaurants, local shops – 2km/10min drive
This is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy this unspoilt region of Portugal and discover the environment in which Port Wine has been produced for centuries, from the tranquil atmosphere of our Quinta, where you can pick your own oranges for fresh juice every morning. Relax, unwind and immerse yourself in the peace and quiet that this unique property offers.
The estate is ideal for artists, families or groups of friends, with its combination of total privacy, superb views and close location to the historic city of Porto, and the Port Wine producing estates. All three are classified as UNESCO world heritage sites.
For your comfort we can organise transfer from/to Porto airport and tailor-made tours, for an additional cost, so that you get to know the best of our beloved valley and its many attractions.
The boat cruises from Régua to Pinhão and back (with optional lunch on board) are highly recommended to see the Douro Valley and we can book these for you.
From Régua we can recommend bus trips to visit wonderful views of the area and local Port wine producers to taste the famous Port wine produced at Douro Valley.
The house is served by train, with a main station close the house. We recommend a train trip to Régua or Pinhão or further to admire all of the Douro Valley. Also possible are walking tours, fishing, river cruises, golf, or just relaxing by the pool gazing at the view, enjoying a glass of local wine.
All the information is available at the house, or just ask.