Situated at the heart of the magnificent Douro scenery, this house has been rebuilt from the ruins of an old house that once stood there, maintaining its rural tradition while incorporating the practical side of contemporary architecture. It is located in Gouvães do Douro, a small hamlet 4 km from Pinhão, 15 km from Alijó and about 120 km from Porto. Shopping facilities, supermarket, coffee shops, restaurants, bank, post office, pharmacy, health centre, taxi and train station are 4 km distant.
Thanks to an interior décor representative of times gone past, the house reflects the historical setting of the Douro region. Located in a rural area, amidst vineyards and olive groves, it is an ideal point of departure to discover the beauty and grandeur of the Douro region – as well as its inhabitants, its customs and its traditions.
The luxury house is fully equipped, meeting the most demanding criteria of comfort. It comprises air conditioning, heating, satellite TV, DVD player, Hi-Fi system, sofa-bed, folding bed, cot and consists of:
• ground floor with open plan living/dining room area, kitchen, bathroom;
• 1st floor with 3 en-suite bedrooms (2 doubles, 1 twin), 2 of them with a balcony with panoramic views, living room, games room with snooker table.
• Outside, guests enjoy a magnificent swimming pool with panoramic views, terraces, barbecue area, laundry room, separate WC, private parking.
Breakfast included. Breakfast will be daily prepared and served in the house by an employee. Twice weekly maid service included in price.
Guests will find a large amount of tourist information in the house. On request and against fee, tourtistic guide available.
Babysitting against fee.
Meals in the house on request, menu available.
Breakage deposit on arrival EUR 250.
Between 15th June and 15th September preference will be given to minimum one week bookings.
Free of charge:
• 3-4 nights stay: vouchers to visit the Douro Museum
• 5 nights stay: vouchers to visit the Douro Museum & vouchers for a wine taste at Quinta da Avessada
• 7 nights stay: vouchers to visit the Douro Museum & either 1 lunch or 1 diner in house
Sleeps 6 persons, breakfast included.